On this page and its children, I collect and organize links to maps of metro fiber across the US. The map links are grouped by geographical region, simply click on the appropriate location to get started:
- Pacific Northwest
- Rocky Mountains
- Arizona & New Mexico
- Gulf Coast
- Great Plains
- New England
- Rust Belt
- Upstate New York
- NYC Metro
- Virginia and the Carolinas
- Chicago Metro Area
Not all regions are covered for very one of two very simple reasons: a) I haven’t gotten that far yet, or b) I haven’t found any fiber maps for the area. If you would like to jump-start my efforts in a region, just send me a link I don’t already have.
Alternatively, here is the normal list:
- Metro Fiber Maps: Appalachia
- Metro Fiber Maps: Arizona and New Mexico
- Metro Fiber Maps: California
- Metro Fiber Maps: Chicago Metro Area
- Metro Fiber Maps: DC Metro Area, MD, DE
- Metro Fiber Maps: Florida
- Metro Fiber Maps: Georgia
- Metro Fiber Maps: Great Plains
- Metro Fiber Maps: Gulf Coast
- Metro Fiber Maps: New England
- Metro Fiber Maps: New York Metro Area
- Metro Fiber Maps: Pacific Northwest
- Metro Fiber Maps: Pennsylvania
- Metro Fiber Maps: Rust Belt
- Metro Fiber Maps: Texas
- Metro Fiber Maps: The Rockies
- Metro Fiber Maps: Upstate NY, Ontario
- Metro Fiber Maps: Virginia and the Carolinas
Informative post about this map, I really need this, thanks for share.
I just updated and augmented all of FiberLight’s Maps (DC, FL, TX, GA). I also recently corrected the links to the maps of Abovenet and Alpheus, plus a few others that had been broken by website renovations.
do you have fiber map/coverage of India?
Hawaii Island Fiber Network (HIFN)
…can’t seem to find a map for Hawaii Inter-Island Cable System (HICS)
This really is a useful map to have! Thank you for sharing
I found a few TWTelecom Maps at the following location
Any city that lists a blue link “More about this city” then goes to a page with a fiber map view, and also had a link to download the map.
It has several citices including Washington, New York, Nashville, etc.
I didnt see these posted anywhere so i thought i would mention it, the maps are pretty “general” in nature, but it at least gives you some idea of their footprint in the cities listed there.
Thanks Brent, I have updated tw telecom’s entries with links to these maps – the first the company has put out there. Maybe they’ll finish doing the same for the other 80% at some point!
St. Louis ATT fiber map
What do you mean by metro fiber?
Where’s your Hawaiian maps, Rob!? 😉
Do you have a link to any Hawaiian metro fiber maps I should know about? 🙂
If I had something, you’d have it!
I’m not even sure who all has stuff out there. Level 3 would have what TW Telecom had. There’s the incumbent cable and phone… anyone else?