EQT Strikes Again, Teams with OMERS to Buy Deutsche Glasfaser

February 11th, 2020 by · Leave a Comment

EQT Infrastructure has found another target over in Europe. They have partnered with OMERS Infrastructure to purchase Deutsche Glasfaser from KKR and Reggeborgh.

Deutsche Glasfaser provides fiber connections to both householders and businesses around rural and suburban Germany. Over the last 9 years or so, they have hooked up 600K households and 5K businesses. That infrastructure will be combined with EQT's other recent purchase, inexio, which itself boasts a footprint of 300K households and 6K businesses.

When the acquisition and combination is all settled, it is expected that EQT will own 51% of the combined company, and OMERS will own the other 49%. The group then expects to invest €7B into further infrastructure rollouts throughout Germany over the next five years.

EQT has also been consolidating its position further north in Scandinavia recently.  They are in the process of combining IP-Only and GlobalConnect.

If you haven't already, please take our Reader Survey! Just 3 questions to help us better understand who is reading Telecom Ramblings so we can serve you better!

Categories: FTTH · Mergers and Acquisitions · Metro fiber

Discuss this Post


Leave a Comment

You may Log In to post a comment, or fill in the form to post anonymously.





  • Ramblings’ Jobs

    Post a Job - Just $99/30days
  • Event Calendar