WANRack has plans to expand its network reach into five new school districts across the state of Arizona. The new fiber buildouts are being made possible via a combination of the federal E-Rate program and a new Arizona state matching program.
The new networks will support more than 18,000 K-12 students and are located in:
- Agua Fria Union High School District along I-10 in the western suburbs of Phoenix
- Eloy Elementary School District #11 along I-10 southeast of Phoenix
- J.O. Combs Unified School District #44, also to the southeast of Phoenix
- Payson Unified School District, within the Tonto National Forest to the northeast of Phoenix
- Somerton School District #11, over in Yuma.
In all, the expansion will span 1,300 route miles of new fiber for WANRack, which has found fertile ground for its business model in the state of Arizona. Last year they added similar deals with the Chino Valley schools, the Yuma Union High School District and the Yuma Elementary School District.