Orange Business Services, the global division of France Telecom (NYSE:FTE, news, filings), offered insight today into their expansion plans in the Asia/Pacific region. It's part of their not particularly subtly-titled "Conquests 2015" strategy, under which they plan to be generating €1B in annual revenue from emerging markets in 2015. Here is a quick summary:
- Adding customer service personnel across China, India and ASEAN, with 200 already in 2011.
- Building data centers aimed at expanding their cloud infrastructure, delivering one in Singapore in Q1/2012, and Hong Kong and Sidny in Q3/2012.
- Implementing a 10G ring between Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore with COS, dynamic bandwidth reallocation, improved SLAs, VPLS, and Gigabit access during 2012.
- Launching a Beijing Solution Center in early 2012 to go with the one in Singapore.
- Strengthening regional strategic relationships, such as those they have with China Telecom and NTT Communications.
Sounds like they'll be rather busy in APAC for some time to come.
If you haven't already, please take our Reader Survey! Just 3 questions to help us better understand who is reading Telecom Ramblings so we can serve you better!Categories: Internet Backbones